Home Page | Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content | Skip to Search | Skip to Footer

Home >   Check Point Forums >   Software Blades and Gateways >   Firewall & VPN Blades

Thread: VPN-1 Secure Client for WINDOWS 7 64bit

Welcome, Guest Help
Login Login
Guest Settings Guest Settings
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 37 - Pages: 3 [ 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 7:18 PM by: johnny freud
Amit Shmilovitch

VPN-1 Secure Client for WINDOWS 7 64bit
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 8:35 AM

Click to reply to this thread Reply

Hi,

I can't find from where to download VPN-1 Secure Client for WINDOWS 7 64bit

Someone can help me?

Best,

Amit Shmilovitch

Re: VPN-1 Secure Client for WINDOWS 7 64bit
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 3:26 AM   in response to: Amit Shmilovitch

There is not currently a version of SecureClient that supports Windows 7. Additionally, there is not currently a version of SecureClient that supports any 64-bit version of Windows. Our VPN client for 64-bit Windows is called Endpoint Connect. For now, it officially supports Vista x64, but not Windows 7. I have heard reports that it works on 7, but we do not support it.

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 3:39 PM   in response to: Amit Shmilovitch

I found this....only could find it with guest access....is this beta coming out soon? I hope...

Details:
File Name: Check_Point_VPN-1_SecuRemote_SecureClient_NGX_R60_HFA3.msi
Product: Secure Client for Windows 7
Version: R60 HFA3
MD5: 615af515204d2ae7a44c065ecc41e57c
Size: 7 MB
Date Published: 2009-10-29

Posted: Dec 12, 2009 5:49 AM   in response to: Guest

Is Checkpoint planning to support Windoew 7 64 bit?

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 9:53 PM   in response to: Guest

1_SecuRemote_SecureClient_NGX_R60_HFA3.msi
Cannot download this even though I am a Checkpoint subscriber

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 10:01 PM   in response to: Guest

SecureClient R60 HFA_03 is currently in EA. Apparently the search tool returns more results than it should or doesn't make it clear what files are GA and what files are EA. Please file feedback at the Site Feedback URL. Here it is:

http://www.checkpoint.com/form/feedback.html

To get access to the EA program for SecureClient R60 HFA_03, you will need to go to usercenter.checkpoint.com and log in. From there, go to Products > Early Availability. I do not know if the EA program is still open or not.

To the best of my knowledge, SecureClient R60 HFA_03 supports 32-bit Windows 7, not 64-bit.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 10:04 PM   in response to: Guest

I'm sure support is planned, but I'm in technical services, so I don't have access to any sort of timeline. You should look into Endpoint Connect for Windows 7.

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 12:36 PM   in response to: Guest

Hi

I am trying to download VPN-1 secure client for window 7 but i do not find the file in you side . Please provide us side link for down loding .

Regards
M.K.Jha

Dan Garth

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 9:08 AM   in response to: Amit Shmilovitch

Hi,
There are extensive discussions on this issue on CPUG as well. Many customers are very upset.
One solution that was mentioned is a product called UserConnect from www.SlickAccess.com. It may be a simpler to use with VPN-1 on every Windows client version through L2TP configuration. They also have a setup that requires additional W2008 server with RAS that serves as the L2TP server.
What seems to be really nice is the user side - no installs, no downloads, no configuration. Simple USB with UserConnect software (no secrets on that).
Dan

Emerson Quijano

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 12:05 PM   in response to: Dan Garth

Hi everyone,

Tried Beta installer for Windows 7, but the application failed to launch in a 64 bit OS.

Need help. Thanks

Santhakumar SS

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 6:17 PM   in response to: Amit Shmilovitch

Hey

Enhanced remote access vpn client R73 is released.. supports xp, win7 and vista all versions.

at

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal/role/supportcenterUser/page/default.psml/media-type/html?action=portlets.DCFileAction&eventSubmit_doGetdcdetails=&fileid=10653

vaclav brozik

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 7:20 PM   in response to: Amit Shmilovitch

SecureClient / SecuRemote will probably never support 64-bit OS. The client is planned to be discontinued. Currently it is announced that the client support ends after a year and HFA_3 is probably the last functional update.

Replacements are Endpoint clients or alternatively SSL Network Extender.

BarryHuang

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 8:29 PM   in response to: Amit Shmilovitch

any program that worked with XP will work in windows 7 64-bit. however, you will need to build a virtual machine with microsoft virtual pc (which comes free with windows 7 ultimate) and then download microsoft windows xp-mode VM from the microsoft website. Then, install the xp-comppatible secureclient software inside that machine. it's not really a windows 7 64-bit installable solution, but it will work for your windows 7 64-bit machine if you absolutely need to have secureclient capability now.

that's what I have setup and it's working flawlessly....as it should, it's really a windows xp virtual machine running inside windows 7 64-bit.

checkpoint really needs to come out with an installable solution though, makes no sense to force enterprise customers to hold off windows 7 rollouts because of this...Cisco is looking pretty good right about now.

Dan Garth

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 2:52 PM   in response to: BarryHuang

Sounds like it works but it is far from a simple solution that you can deploy for many users and support it. Most users are not very technical.

Maqsood Ahmed

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 1:13 PM   in response to: BarryHuang

Hi, I have installed the Check Point VPN-1 SecureClient in Windows XP Mode and it says its connected when i run it from Windows7 ultimate 64 Bit. but it does not give me the access to my intranet? cannot brows intranet sites, shared drives / printers on the network, Cannot get my emails in my outlook as it cannot locate the exchange server. How you got it working? here are the settings we use:

Office Mode
use NAT traversal tunneling
IKE over TCP
Force UDP encapsulation

Legend
Expert: 751 + pts
Advanced: 301 - 750 pts
Enthusiast: 101 - 300 pts
Novice: 0 - 100 pts
Check Point
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)