Home Page | Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content | Skip to Search | Skip to Footer

Home >   Check Point Forums >   Endpoint Security >   Remote & Mobile Access Clients

Thread: VPN1 Checkpoint Client Vista 64 bit download

Welcome, Guest Help
Login Login
Guest Settings Guest Settings
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 3:09 PM by: stieven struyf Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Jean-Pierre Hou...

VPN1 Checkpoint Client Vista 64 bit download
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 6:23 PM

Click to reply to this thread Reply

Have searched the site and cannot find a download for the client as have been told Vista works on Windows 7.
Anyone help?

INVITED_USER

Re: VPN1 Checkpoint Client Vista 64 bit download
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 5:11 PM   in response to: Jean-Pierre Hou...

Hi,

SecureClient doesn’t support 64 bit versions of Windows. You may use Endpoint Connect R73 which does support 64 bit versions of Windows.

Note that it requires the gateway to be at least R65 HFA40, and a few settings on the security management server, as appear in page #15 of the Endpoint Connect Admin guide (Configuring the Gateway Using SmartDashboard -> Obligatory Settings) which is found at http://downloads.checkpoint.com/dc/download.htm?ID=8631.

Thanks,
Gil

Leonardo De Ara...

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 11:49 PM   in response to: INVITED_USER

I got this info from other places as well.
The question is when will "VPN-1 SecuRemote/SecureClient NGX R60" support Windows 7 64 bits?
I work for a consulting company and I need to make my client change its settings and quite possibly upgrade his Security gateway cause Checkpoint doesn't release a 64 bit version of the client, even many months after Windows 7 64 bit was brought to the market. This is not acceptable.

I am sure I am not alone asking for this. Win 7 64 bit is rapidly becoming mainstream.

Please confirm what is the roadmap for VPN-1 SecuRemote/Secure Client NGX60.

Thanks

Leonardo

INVITED_USER

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 12:15 PM   in response to: Jean-Pierre Hou...

Endpoint Connect R73, which supports Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), can be downloaded from https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solutionid=sk43446#EPC

Thanks,
Gil

stieven struyf

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 4:14 PM   in response to: Leonardo De Ara...

Leonardo,
secureremote/secureclient are being phased out (end of support has been extended to the end of this year). There will never be a 64 bit version (don't like it either).
you can move to endpoint connect (if you have secureclient licenses)=secureclient without desktop policy, runs on port 443 (=change on gateway required and minimum version required)
you can move to endpoint security secure access (required installation of "endpoint security server") if you currently have secureclient integrity licenses

stieven struyf

Posted: Aug 23, 2010 3:09 PM   in response to: stieven struyf

Endpoint discovery client is EA now. This is supposed to replace the secureclient.
Includes desktop policy again managed centrally through the dashboard.

Legend
Expert: 751 + pts
Advanced: 301 - 750 pts
Enthusiast: 101 - 300 pts
Novice: 0 - 100 pts
Check Point
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)