Home Page | Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content | Skip to Search | Skip to Footer

Home >   Check Point Forums >   Security Management >   Multi-Domain Management (Provider-1) & Security Management Server

Thread: Import Multiple admin users to Provider 1

Welcome, Guest Help
Login Login
Guest Settings Guest Settings
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: May 4, 2017 5:41 PM by: Blake Francis Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Bhanu Sharma

Import Multiple admin users to Provider 1
Posted: Feb 1, 2017 4:23 AM

Click to reply to this thread Reply

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to import multiple users to Provider 1 with admin access. I cannot do this using normal linux commands with shell script.

Is there any possible way to perform this. (Note I have my user names saved on a text file.)

Bhanu Sharma

Re: Import Multiple admin users to Provider 1
Posted: Feb 7, 2017 5:02 AM   in response to: Bhanu Sharma

Hi All,

Any Luck with this...

Blake Francis

Re: Import Multiple admin users to Provider 1
Posted: May 4, 2017 5:41 PM   in response to: Bhanu Sharma

If your using Provider -1 chances are you have multiple CMA's and multi-domain permissions. I recommend taking the time to setup your admins with RADIUS authentication, then create permission profiles on the Provider-1 similar to how its done in Smart Dashboard. Then add the radius users to a perm profile (i.e read only domain manager, read only global manager, read write admins ect. Then assign these to each CMA - Note: If you have a DR CMA this will replicate with a sync). One thing to look out for is when importing large groups of users it that it will take a few minutes and you will see the administrators tab flash/refresh as it imports the admins to their roles. This is normal, be patient. Then when it completes click out of the administrators tab (click on general or any other tab) then come back and add another group of admins, the ones you have added will no longer be available on the list on the left indicating they were assigned, this is what you want to see. This is simply a situation of patience to avoid embedding groups or giving a user the wrong permissions. It does work, I have had to do this process about 10 times in the last 2 months on a dozen CMA's so I can account for this. After you do a few it becomes second nature. Just pick your least risky CMA first and take your time. Good Luck - Crypto

Legend
Expert: 751 + pts
Advanced: 301 - 750 pts
Enthusiast: 101 - 300 pts
Novice: 0 - 100 pts
Check Point
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)